• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lake Kerkini 23-28 April 2018 (1 Viewer)

A great report on what sounds like a very successful trip Leo!

We stayed with Niko and his family over the New Year, they are the most wonderful hosts!

Chris

Excellent location. I did some migration surveys there many years ago and will always remember a close encounter with an Eagle Owl in the early hours of the morning gliding across the balcony I was sitting on (in the dark) at eye level just feet away with a semi-dead Collared Dove in its talons! Did you hear the Scops Owls beeping?

Nice report Leo, its one area I have never done, personally will probably go in late Feb/March if I do it to connect with Greater Spotted Eagles and also have better chance of woodpeckers like Grey-headed.

Good report and photographies Leo. I was there a few days ago. Fantastic place but unfortunatellu I didn't found any Little Bittern. It's a pity that I have not read your report before.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back