• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from San Francisco Bay (1 Viewer)

lenglish

My wife (Joyce Chang) and I live in Los Altos, California, between San Francisco and San Jose, in Silicon Valley. We have been birding for the past 6 years or so; our life list is at 455 worldwide, 385 mainland US, and 339 California. We are retired and in our early 60's. We have two American Shorthair cats (indoors only!) named "YoYo Meow" and "Robert Redcat the Sundance Kid" - or just YoYo and The Kid.

We will be in England in early October, spending four days in the southwest, mostly in Cornwall, and then a week in London. This is not a birding trip but we do intend to spend some time at that. I do have some information on birding in London but not much on Cornwall - pointers from anyone on both areas would be much appreciated.

Larry English

HELLO !!!

Hello and welcome,
Hope you enjoy the forums and galleries. nice to have someone from Northern calif.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I have a bit of history with Bucks county - my mother's side of the family, surname Foxley, emigrated from there around 1860. More recently, when I worked for Tandem Computers a few years ago, I spent some time in High Wyckham and have friends there.

Do you have some favorite Bucks county hotspots for birding (feathered type)?

Larry

Hello Larry, welcome to Birdforum :bounce:
I'm afraid that I can't help you with the birding locations as I'm based in the northeast of the country. However I do hope that you can find plenty of interesting threads to pique your interest. Please feel free to participate in any of them.

Hello lenglish and welcome to the bird forum.

I am not too familiar with Cornwall, only ventured down there a few times but Hayle Estuary may be worth a visit. Try to visit within two hours of high water.Also try truro and Tresillian Estuaries, should still be some waders at both and maybe a few early winter birds.

Good luck!

burhinus

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back