• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Belfast & around - where to? (1 Viewer)

Kongi

Hi,

with a few colleagues we have a meeting in Belfast towards the end of September and would like to extend our stay there for about two days to enjoy local birds since none of us has ever been to UK.

We will not hire any private car. Would you recommend us where to go, or where we can get by a public transport for a day trips (we don´t mind long walks)? I suppose that sea shore will be the place to go and by checking Google it seems that there are mainly rocky shores around so maybe there is no particularly good spot around?
Would those large "bays" like Strangford Lough be good for waders?

I should mention that we are from the Czech Republic so "northern sea birds" will be of particular interest for us.

Thank you very much for any advice since I couln´t find much info about that area.

Petr

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back