• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscope with Nikon DSA-N1 (1 Viewer)

choonsarn

Hello all, I am quite new to digiscoping.

Anyone here digiscope or have digiscope with Nikon DSA-N1 adaptor with Nikon 1 series camera?

I am planning to get Monarch Fieldscope 82ED-A, would like to know if anyone has tried to digiscope with DSA-N1 and get good result.

Currently I have Fuji XT2, was thinking of getting third part digiscope adapter like Novagrade but their camera adaptor does not have 43mm adaptor ring so i cannot mount my XF23mm F2 lense. I have emailed Novagrade, still waiting for them to respond about the 43mm ring adaptor.

Thank you all.

Hello all, I am quite new to digiscoping.

Anyone here digiscope or have digiscope with Nikon DSA-N1 adaptor with Nikon 1 series camera?

I am planning to get Monarch Fieldscope 82ED-A, would like to know if anyone has tried to digiscope with DSA-N1 and get good result.

Currently I have Fuji XT2, was thinking of getting third part digiscope adapter like Novagrade but their camera adaptor does not have 43mm adaptor ring so i cannot mount my XF23mm F2 lense. I have emailed Novagrade, still waiting for them to respond about the 43mm ring adaptor.

Thank you all.

I tried once last time and the connection is secured etc with my V1. I would suggest to get the Digidapter for universal adapter for your Fujifilm. I have it too including my Swarovski adapters etc.

http://www.digiscopeadapter.com/

i have emailed Digiscopeadapter and Paul has responded that he has made wide angle version adapter for Monarch Fieldscope but not the standard MEP 20-60 eye piece. So is back to square 1 for me.

I saw B&H is selling Novagrade camera adapter for digiscoping, anyone tried this before?
https://novagrade.com/shop/camera-adapter/

I used the DS30x eyepiece last time for the Nikon ED82. That's better for Digiscoping. The zoom eyepiece is good to for viewing but not really for digiscoping.

I used the DS30x eyepiece last time for the Nikon ED82. That's better for Digiscoping. The zoom eyepiece is good to for viewing but not really for digiscoping.

Thanks. When u used V1 with DSA-N1, how do u make sure the subject is sharp?

I assume there is no auto focus and no focus peaking on Nikon 1 series camera right?

Thanks again.

Thanks. When u used V1 with DSA-N1, how do u make sure the subject is sharp?

I assume there is no auto focus and no focus peaking on Nikon 1 series camera right?

Thanks again.

Focusing tru the helical focuser on the scope. V1 has a built in electronic viewfinder. I used it to see if the image is in focus or not

Focusing tru the helical focuser on the scope. V1 has a built in electronic viewfinder. I used it to see if the image is in focus or not

Cool. does Nikon 1 has power zoom in live view to zoom in to see if the subject is focus correctly or u just based on what u see on the EV where u see the whole image.

Thanks.

Cool. does Nikon 1 has power zoom in live view to zoom in to see if the subject is focus correctly or u just based on what u see on the EV where u see the whole image.

Thanks.

Can't remember. I usually just see based on the image itself. Zooming through my eyepiece helps too but I seldom do that with the Swarovski STX 95

I see. thanks. I am in the dilemma of getting DSA-N1 with Nikon 1 camera (probably a secondhand J5) or getting third party adapter like Novagrade. I emailed Paul from Digiadapter, he said i have to send my eye piece (MEP 20-60x) to him as he has not made holder for this model.

I might most probably go with Novagrade to pair with my XT2 cos i can use focus peaking or live zoom on my XT2 to confirm subject is in focus.

Do you know of any other third party digiscoping adapter that is similar to Digiadapter as i don't wish to send my eye piece over.

I see. thanks. I am in the dilemma of getting DSA-N1 with Nikon 1 camera (probably a secondhand J5) or getting third party adapter like Novagrade. I emailed Paul from Digiadapter, he said i have to send my eye piece (MEP 20-60x) to him as he has not made holder for this model.

I might most probably go with Novagrade to pair with my XT2 cos i can use focus peaking or live zoom on my XT2 to confirm subject is in focus.

Do you know of any other third party digiscoping adapter that is similar to Digiadapter as i don't wish to send my eye piece over.

Try SRB-Griturn. I think it is also better if you get the DS30x eyepiece for digiscoping.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back