• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Fury 6.5x32 A Kowa BDII-XD 6.5x32 With New Upgrades??? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
Anyone who now has the new Kowa 6.5x32 and had previously owned the Vortex 6.5x32 Fury, maybe you could answer my curiosity to the similarities. I owned the Fury quite awhile ago and remembering the Fury to be a fun/very comfortable binocular to use. With the New Kowa 6.5x32 supposedly having better glass (XD) and a larger FOV, price wise as I remember when the Fury first became available its price was pretty comparable to the now discounted prices of the New Kowa. .... Thanks , Gwen

Sure looks like the old Fury. I had no plans for another binocular, but the old Fury is aging and the fov on this one is pretty tempting.

The Fury is still one of my favorites. 21mm of eye relief makes for easy viewing with glasses.

Yes I agree. My memory fails me in remembering the FOV for the Fury, but I would have remembered if it was in the 500 numbers(525)which Kowa states for its 6.5x32. The Kowa stated eye relief is 17mm, I wonder if the difference in the eye relief between the Fury and the Kowa is really going to be that noticeable? ..... considering Kowa’s stated huge FOV.

Last edited:
Anyone who now has the new Kowa 6.5x32 and had previously owned the Vortex 6.5x32 Fury, maybe you could answer my curiosity to the similarities. I owned the Fury quite awhile ago and remembering the Fury to be a fun/very comfortable binocular to use. With the New Kowa 6.5x32 supposedly having better glass (XD) and a larger FOV, price wise as I remember when the Fury first became available its price was pretty comparable to the now discounted prices of the New Kowa. .... Thanks , Gwen

They certainly fixed the worst thing about the Fury and that was the diopter adjustment which was very fragile and easy to use.

Oh and the fury has a 465' FOV or around there, so they shortened the eye relief and made it wider FOV

I was able to answer my own question. A few days ago I received my new Kowa 6.5x32 BDII XD. I ordered it last week after succumbing to my overwhelming curiosity about this new offering from Kowa. This Kowa 6.5x32 is a definite upgrade over the discontinued Vortex Fury. The Kowa improving over the Fury in every category ..... better glass, FOV, handling and definitely has a higher end quality of construction. One last thing, Kowa’s eye relief spec’s that are shorter on paper than the old Fury 6.5x32 but you would not know it. The Kowa is very eye glass wearer user friendly providing plenty of eye relief with my eye glasses. I highly recommend this to all those previous owners of the now discontinued old Vortex Fury 6.5x32.

Last edited:
I was able to answer my own question. A few days ago I received my new Kowa 6.5x32 BDII XD. I ordered it last week after succumbing to my overwhelming curiosity about this new offering from Kowa. This Kowa 6.5x32 is a definite upgrade over the discontinued Vortex Fury. The Kowa improving over the Fury in every category ..... better glass, FOV, handling and definitely has a higher end quality of construction. One last thing, Kowa’s eye relief spec’s that are shorter on paper than the old Fury 6.5x32 but you would not know it. The Kowa is very eye glass wearer user friendly providing plenty of eye relief with my eye glasses. I highly recommend this to all those previous owners of the now discontinued old Vortex Fury 6.5x32.

Fury's are large. I have them. How about size compared to 6x32 viper and 6.5x32 Fury? Handling as compared to those two?

Fury's are large. I have them. How about size compared to 6x32 viper and 6.5x32 Fury? Handling as compared to those two?

Just Revisited Vortex’s old site. : Fury ... 5.4x5.3 inches
Viper ... 4.9x4.8 inches
The Kowa BDII XD is overall smaller ... 4.56x4.88 inches

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back