Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Athlon ares vs vortex viper in 65

Old Wednesday 26th February 2020, 07:04   #1
sixtus

Athlon ares vs vortex viper in 65

Hi folks, looking to get a spotting scope again. Was wondering at the two above models?

The vortex viper seems to have a good rep and vortex is well represented in Australia.

Than I heard the athlon ares was actually giving the vortex razor(!) a run for its money optics wise? Athlon has a distributor in country, of course for smaller companies there is always the chance they fold.

Any votes folks? I'm probably as interested in durability and mechanical quality as optical performance too. For example I ditched celestron regal as an option due to some negative reviews on breakable parts. I am in a remote area of a remote country so the best chance of stuff working is top of the list.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: