• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor in Mallorca (1 Viewer)

timsg80

Gregor Tims
I’m really struggling with these today😂 I initially thought Booted Eagle, but the underside looks better for a Common Buzzard. Or is it a Bonelli’s Eagle? Thanks again!

Attachments

• 6BB92F52-6248-43F7-942A-D99CCB756ACE.jpeg
    6BB92F52-6248-43F7-942A-D99CCB756ACE.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 153
I agree with second plumage Bonelli's
although I understand that people wanna get IDs asap, ideally in the field, I hate these screenshots, you loose so much details

Fantastic, thanks Tom! They are indeed reintroducing Bonelli’s here, and I believe a number also migrate over the island at this time of year. It’s the first time I’ve had one from the garden!

Fantastic, thanks Tom! They are indeed reintroducing Bonelli’s here, and I believe a number also migrate over the island at this time of year. It’s the first time I’ve had one from the garden!

I was putting my already tattered reputation on the line with my suggestion of Bonelli’s so I’m relieved ;) Time for you to re-join the Garden/Yard thread Gregor, we’ve missed you!

I was putting my already tattered reputation on the line with my suggestion of Bonelli’s so I’m relieved ;) Time for you to re-join the Garden/Yard thread Gregor, we’ve missed you!

Cheers Richard, I think I will re-join, I've missed it too! It's been a strange few years of moving frequently, this lockdown is at least giving me the chance to be in one place for a while! This should be the most productive garden yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back