• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7D exposures (1 Viewer)

Leicaman

Having been using my 7D for a couple of months I'm finding that it nearly always under exposes by up to 1 stop. Do other 7D users have a similar experience?

I've just learnt how to use the histogram display, rather that the monitor, and I'm finding that my pictures, with suitable exposure compensation, are now turning out much better and I don't have to resort to increasing the brightness in my computer. :cat:

Leicaman said:
Having been using my 7D for a couple of months I'm finding that it nearly always under exposes by up to 1 stop. Do other 7D users have a similar experience?

I've just learnt how to use the histogram display, rather that the monitor, and I'm finding that my pictures, with suitable exposure compensation, are now turning out much better and I don't have to resort to increasing the brightness in my computer. :cat:

While I am no expert, I'm always compensating due to the bright sky or dark shadows near the subject. That's what you've got to do. It's not just a 7D issue. I shoot with Nikon and Fuji users and we all must compensate.

I just purchased a used 80-200/2.8 APO HS G. Used it for the first time yesterday. While its a little short, I find the quality of the image far outweighs using my old Sigma 400/5.6 APO. With a larger file size I can zoom/crop as needed. I love my 7D!! ;)

Leicaman said:

I find that setting the metering to 'spot' rather than multi helps a lot. That way the camera exposes for the subject, rather than the whole seen.
Mind you you will have to film the bird in the central 'spot metering' part of the viewfinder frame for this to work.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back