• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oriole sp. Yucatan, Mexico (1 Viewer)

Two Jugs

Not sure of this Oriole, from Tulum, Yucatan, Mexico. Taken in April.

Maybe Hooded, but extent of black on face seems wrong?

Thanks

Tony

Attachments

• Oriolesp.jpg
    Oriolesp.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 82
I remember the orioles being quite hard work to seperate. Trying to memorise the details before they flew off - then a whole page to go at in the fieldguide ! Agree with Hooded .
Also saw Black-cowled,yellow-tailed,yellow-backed,orange,altamira,baltimore and orchard on my two trips.Plenty of them went unidentified too !

The Hooded in Mexico really vary in colour. I have a photo of one with no black on it at all.

Attachments

• Oriole 1.jpg
    Oriole 1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 32
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back