• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tree Pipit and Wood Warbler (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

I want to add these 2 birds to my list this summer. I know there are Tree Pipits ad Wood Warblers around Roddlesworth and some areas of Bowland. I did try for Tree Pipit at Roddlesworth but no luck in 2011. Any other places thats good for them? I live in East Lancs and can travel up to 60 miles to see them if got a good chance even Yorkshire and Cumbria.

I want to add these 2 birds to my list this summer. I know there are Tree Pipits ad Wood Warblers around Roddlesworth and some areas of Bowland. I did try for Tree Pipit at Roddlesworth but no luck in 2011. Any other places thats good for them? I live in East Lancs and can travel up to 60 miles to see them if got a good chance even Yorkshire and Cumbria.

Fairly reliable around the goyt valley area - check out this thread http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=112252&page=11 and PM members such as Peter Hill, Hampers and Goyter who I am sure will be able to give you relaible locations

Dave

Foulshaw Moss exceelent for Tree Pippet.They are easier to see earlier on when they are singing and displaying.
The path from Stott Park Bobbin Mill to High and Low Dam was always reliable for Wood Warbler.Couldn't fail to hear or see them when they first return.[near Newby Bridge]

i got my Wood warbler in East Lancashire . where is foulshaw Moss?
Take the Barrow Road go past Gilpin Bridge pub Foulshaw Moss is on the left.
The road is single carriage each way.Look out for a blue parking sign which is before a very large lay by.Just before the lay by there is a rough track through a farm gate.Walk down the track till you come to a large viewing platform.IT is a Cumbria Wildlife Trust reserve.Lots of intersting birds here.

Not too far from Leighton Moss so worth a visit if nearby. Had I known about this site I would have stopped off 3 weeks ago when I went to see Eider at Walney

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back