• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica televid 82 scope weight (1 Viewer)

rjknight

Could somebody please let me know the correct weight of the Leica televid 82 (straight) spotting scope including the 25-50x eyepiece. I cannot find any consistent answer online, with weights varying from 1520g to 2018g, quite a big range.

Back when I tested the Apo-Televid82 angled, the measured weight of scope body, eyepiece and objective & eyepiece covers came to 1990g.

Kimmo

I’ve been trying to work this out too. The Leica link says the scope weights include the eye piece so that would mean 1490g for a straight one including the zoom eye piece. Seems like an updated model was launched around 2016 that is lighter than the earlier versions.
Kimmo, how long ago did you test one of these?

I’ve been trying to work this out too. The Leica link says the scope weights include the eye piece so that would mean 1490g for a straight one including the zoom eye piece. Seems like an updated model was launched around 2016 that is lighter than the earlier versions.
Kimmo, how long ago did you test one of these?

See my post above, the correct figures are there.
Both scope bodies are around 1500 gram and the 25-50x eye piece an extra 425 grams.

Thanks for putting me straight there, it’s terrific for newbies like me to have access to people with such a depth of knowledge on this forum. Seems I read a bit of a fake news review from a 2018 birding magazine which really didn’t help, nor did the Australian Leica website giving the wrong weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back