• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildflower for ID (1 Viewer)

tperry

Any chance of an ID for this plant flowering for the last couple of weeks on our gravel drive in Gloucestershire. We wondered if it was part of the Pea family?

Attachments

• IMG_4842.jpg
    IMG_4842.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for that - certainly the flower looks a good match; here is another picture showing the leaf more clearly.

Attachments

• E30DE07D-104A-49F8-9B03-47F0337CF3A5.jpeg
    E30DE07D-104A-49F8-9B03-47F0337CF3A5.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 21
I hadn’t realised that the plant is as extensive as it actually is; I thought it was growing through the “ferny” leaves but they are part of it. Ferny Corydalis (Corydalis chielanthifolia) has been suggested by a friend and that looks right.
Thanks for putting us in the right area Ficedula, much appreciated.

Attachments

• 4B74C767-DF88-4843-AC5E-13019317A141.jpeg
    4B74C767-DF88-4843-AC5E-13019317A141.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 29
Thought something looked a little odd for Yellow Corydalis which I see regularly around London. With the leaves the ID would have been easy but I wouldn't have got it from your first photo. Never seen this naturalised only in botanic gardens- a handsome plant. I think I saw you post this in the BSBI stream.

Thanks aeshna5.
No we have not put this on BSBI (not sure what this is as I’m mainly birding and moths!)
We have sent it to the Gloucestershire County Botanical Recorder to get their view.

Thanks aeshna5.
No we have not put this on BSBI (not sure what this is as I’m mainly birding and moths!)
We have sent it to the Gloucestershire County Botanical Recorder to get their view.

Botanical Society of Britain & Ireland. Perhaps I saw it on Facebook, otherwise an amazing co-incidence a similar image of this plant. great find, anyway!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back