• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

noctivid objective covers (1 Viewer)

I do use them, and I've not observed such a thing.

I should also note that I've only ever heard ONE person say it, and there's a fair amount of folks here that have used or own that binocular.

If you want to know about floppy objective covers on the EDG that won't stay put, there's plenty of folks that will attest to that! (even though Nikon may have addressed it in later production runs.)

-Bill

I do use them, and I've not observed such a thing.

I should also note that I've only ever heard ONE person say it, and there's a fair amount of folks here that have used or own that binocular.

If you want to know about floppy objective covers on the EDG that won't stay put, there's plenty of folks that will attest to that! (even though Nikon may have addressed it in later production runs.)

-Bill

I've read it on some reviews and have seen photo's and a video about this problem ?

I have the 8x42’s. When they arrived the covers had left a silvery ring on the objectives where they touched. Leica sent me another set of noctivid covers and some ultravid covers which don’t fit perfect but solved my problem. Enjoy the glasses, they’re breathtaking.

I have the 8x42’s. When they arrived the covers had left a silvery ring on the objectives where they touched. Leica sent me another set of noctivid covers and some ultravid covers which don’t fit perfect but solved my problem. Enjoy the glasses, they’re breathtaking.

Ok, did you use the ultravid covers then ?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back