• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sock feeders (1 Viewer)

Abbygirl

I was curious about sock feeders for House Finches. we've been getting a house finch that's starting to visit our backyard bird bath for the past month now and I saw the baby the other night with the male and now the momma bird come with the male the other day. And would like to provide some food for them. And am interested in Sock feeders.

When you get a sock feeder do you need to get anything to go with it or can you just hang it just like it is?

Joyce

Socks? Wouldn't it be kind of hard to get the seed through the knit? And the smell would scare them away too...

...Oh, wrong kind of sock. Well, other than thistle seed, I guess you only need the pole for hanging!

Thanks Liz for the advice about the pole, for the Thistle seed sock! I wasn't sure If I needed anything else! Have a good day. Joyce

ps - lol on your sock joke!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back