• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Podcasts (1 Viewer)

Gzoladz74

Hi,

Do people listen to any good birding podcast? I have tried a few and these are probably my top3, based on what I have found so far (in no particular order)

-Casual Birder Podcast - nice social podcast with new episodes about once a month. Very pleasent, still quite new and growing.

-The Birding Life - more hard core birding, very knowledgeable host with episodes about birding around the world. Unfortunately the host passed away, however there are 90 episodes available

-Aves de Colombia (in spanish) - only 7 episodes and 6 months old, also very entertaining.

Feel free to add!

Hi,

Do people listen to any good birding podcast? I have tried a few and these are probably my top3, based on what I have found so far (in no particular order)

-Casual Birder Podcast - nice social podcast with new episodes about once a month. Very pleasent, still quite new and growing.

-The Birding Life - more hard core birding, very knowledgeable host with episodes about birding around the world. Unfortunately the host passed away, however there are 90 episodes available

-Aves de Colombia (in spanish) - only 7 episodes and 6 months old, also very entertaining.

Feel free to add!

I have been a guest on The Casual Birder Podcast the host is a friend of mine. Here's my interview https://youtu.be/fw1xqY4NiiQ I have been on again and it be out soon.

Bird Note is a daily two minute podcast.

Out there with the birds was another Bill Thomson podcast but has been continued by his partner, Wendy.

David

Hi all

There is brand new birding podcast "The Birding Life" from South Africa by Adam Cruickshank with an international theme. It has had a number of well known South African birders as guests like Trevor Hardaker, Faansie Peacock, John Kinghorn, Mark Anderson, and an international guest Mark "Big Year" Obmascik. It just published its 9th episode. In this particular episode, I am also participating, together with Adam Riley from Rockjumper and Melissa Howes-Whitecross from BirdLife South Africa talking about the Wakkerstroom birding site. Worth a listen!

https://podcasts.apple.com/pe/podcast/the-birding-life-podcast/id1517318161

I also want to plug for my daily quarantine birding VLOG that I post Live on Facebook twice daily, but I also share in an edited form to our YouTube-channel, where it can be listened to at 1.5-2x speed. Maybe it is the onset of a podcast? I don't know!

Gunnar's Lima Quarantine updates - Playlist.

Saludos

Gunnar

Hi,

Feel free to add!
Thank you for the shoutout for my podcast! :)

I've created a list of all the current birding podcasts I am aware of, on Podchaser:

Here is another good podcast, The Warblers by Birds Canada. The specific episode linked to here feaures an interview with one of the developers of the Merlin app.

Hi
Hi,

Feel free to add!

Hi, regarding spanish birding podcast, I highly recommend listening to la radio del somormujo

It is a weekly podcast with four years of broadcast and 125 episodes.

Disclosure, events and interviews approached from great knowledge and enormous enthusiasm.

For me it is an essential weekly appointment

If you want to hear some crazy adventures of birding and epic adventures around the globe and British twitching, check out Charley Hesse and Ken Behrens' podcast here:

podcasts.apple.com

‎Naturally Adventurous on Apple Podcasts

‎Society & Culture · 2022

Life List by Almaro Jarmillo, George Amistead and Molly Brown is a fortnightly podcast. Mainly American in focus but has had episodes on Uganda and Andalusia.

David

Not just birds but there are a lot of 'Living World' podcasts on BBC Sounds app. They are from a few years ago but are really interesting. I listen to one each morning.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back