• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seiko 6309 Divers (1 Viewer)

The currently produced SRP777K1 looks just like that, and for the price I don't know of anything that can compete.
Seiko somehow doesn't enjoy the prestige it deserves outside Japan.
They make everything from robust, reliable and inexpensive watches up to Credors costing a six figure sum with movement finishing comparable to a Philippe Dufour.
They also make just about all components from hairsprings to cases and crystals.
I recently bought a handwound Grand Seiko and am sorely tempted by one of the medium-priced Prospex models for everyday.

John

Hi

I have a few Seiko watches, I have two 6309 'Turtle' watches but unfortunately both have developed problems!

One of them I put together from bits that I sourced from Hawaii, Finland and other parts of the world!, The mainspring seems to have broken, The other came from Fleabay some years ago, Something has broken in the handset works as the hands woun't set!

I have two 6309 movements spare, Both with the crown at 4 (Some are at 3 and aren't interchangeable) but these days my hands are too arthritic to mess about with watches, I sold my parts cleaning machine and only change batteries and straps now!!

I bought the hands from Ramon (The watch collector on ebay) I started fitting the hands, The hour hand went on fine, The minute hand was tight but the second hand was way samll on the hole so I broached it out, I pressed the tube on to the shaft and it split as it was so thing and the shaft was still too thick!

I ended up going through my spares and found just this one that fitted from a Swiss 1j movement!
gCVWRG4.jpg

This one runs, Just have to set it going at whatever time it stopped at!!!
octofFM.jpg

Cheers, John :t:

I have to say, The 6309 is my all time fave Seiko dive watch but I do have others!, Both of my Cushion (Or Turtle) 6309's aren't working, I need to get them in for a service ot repair..

This one is a mod from an existing Seiko watch to something like a Blancpain 55 Fathoms watch!
FeVSV2w.jpg

This one is the 007
PqrduFx.jpg

This one is known as the Seiko Atlas, It's still rated at 200m though..
QXT241U.jpg

This one is an old 7002..
9F46jjG.jpg

This one is 033 but only 100m rated so not really quite a dive watch!
GNt9T6H.jpg

A first gen Orange Monster
JKmqM0N.jpg

Another that's only rated at 100m
BfHRui8.jpg

Another 7002 but with black bezel insert..
MHYVnSs.jpg

A couple of old Quartz divers..
8DbFlW5.jpg

John (y)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back