• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greater Sage Grouse and Powerlines (1 Viewer)

Gorbus

Hello everyone,

I am a student at a university in CO, USA (Colorado School of Mines if any of you are familiar.) I am part of a team attempting to mitigate the effects of powerlines on sage grouse habitat. And I would love to talk to any and all of you that have experience with Greater Sage Grouse.

Particularly if you have seen destruction of habitat related to the construction or presence of powerlines.

Thank you!
Gavin

I can be contacted by email at: gorbus at mymail.mines.edu

Gavin,

See if any of the PLWBs with Bird Conservancy of the Rockies can help you out with this. My fiance is one in Rocky Ford, but perhaps he knows contact info for the other PLWBs. Give the NRCS office in Rocky Ford a call and ask for Ryan. He may be able to give you some insight.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back