• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ghana moth (1 Viewer)

Jim M.

Member since 2007
Supporter
United States
Any ideas on this colorful day-flying moth photographed in a wet tropical forest in Ghana?

Attachments

• 20160319-150250P3190661.jpg
    20160319-150250P3190661.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Tricky. The pattern is rather similar to some Agaristinae but the pectinate antennae would be wrong (they are more butterfly-like). My guess would be that it is one of the Geometridae that are in mimicry rings with other Lepidoptera. I've been able to find a match on a website but it is listed there as a 'butterfly'. I can't find a match on Afromoths or African moths.

Thanks for the info honeym. Does anyone know if there is another forum it might be helpful to post this on?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back