• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Falcon sketch (1 Viewer)

mayoayo

Today I gained access to one of the highest points in town and got a really nice view of the resident Peregrine. In spite of the wind I was able to do a couple of sketches. I had a great time and want to share this sketch. Forgot how much I enjoy field sketching, after a few months of not doing it..
Staedler 0.2 pigment liner on bamboo paper A4
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_171909_copy_780x1040.jpg
    IMG_20200220_171909_copy_780x1040.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Thanks guys...
fugl..Are falcons still nesting under the interstate bridge?
I used to go to watch them every evening,.. I Lived in PDX for a few years.. Really miss the birding there..!!!!

Thanks guys...
fugl..Are falcons still nesting under the interstate bridge?
I used to go to watch them every evening,.. I Lived in PDX for a few years.. Really miss the birding there..!!!!

I’ll plan to check it out one of these days. I moved to Portland quite recently and am still not fully plugged-in to the local birding scene.

There are great birding sites all around Portland.. Oak's bottom or the Audubon sanctuary are just in town, to say so, and then Smith and Bivvy lakes wetlands nature area and Kelly point, in the Columbia junction... A bit further north, across the river, Ridgefield national wildlife refuge, and south of town,near Sherwood, the Tualatin River National wildlife reserve.. That's maybe in a 25 miles circle.. And then you have the ocean sites..enjoy exploring

Last edited:
Hi Again.. Thx Mark, glad to see you. Today I was able to get to the roofs again and had about 30 or 40 minutes to do a bit of sketching.. It is an adventure to get to this roof because it is a squatter building and to go in and out I need to put myself through crazy situations..but the view of the falcon is quite good from up there.. It also gives me a chance to share the views and the art with people that live in a very marginal place and to be able to make wildlife and art getting to touch that single person, it is always the reward to the artist.. This particular note I sketched with my Rotring Artpen and black ink on 240g. Watercolor paper..

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_154116_copy_1664x1248.jpg
    IMG_20200229_154116_copy_1664x1248.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 34
Lovely, what a wonderful skill (talent). You’re making a treasure chest of memories for yourself and others.

Much appreciated!

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back