• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

Wormleigton reservoir this morning.

2 Greenshank
2 Common sandpiper
1 Green sandpiper
3 Snipe
In the field between the bridge and the railway 20+ Tree sparrow and 15+ Yellow wagtail.

A very quick look at Draycote.

4 Curlew sandpiper
3 Dunlin
1 Sanderling
3+ Ringed plover

Draycote 1700 - 1800

Curlew Sandpiper (1 juv)
Ringed Plover (4)
Dunlin (4)
All Hensborough Bank

At least 7 Black Terns over centre of reservoir viewed from Hensborough Bank

Draycote 7th September

Red-necked Phalarope was bird of the day today with Grey Plover, Sandwich, Arctic and at least 6 Black Tern as supporting cast.

Regards

John

Hi Ron

I believe it was me who pointed the tern out to you today. Nice to meet you. If you want to find what else is around in the Tame then check out my blog!

Tom B :) B :)

Good to meet you too Tom. As I said to you at the time, I wouldn't have recongnised it if I'd seen it by myself so many thanks again for pointing it out.

Ron

Shustoke Reservoir, 24/09/2010

Visited Shustoke Reservoir for the first time this afternoon and came across 3 Black Terns over the centre of the main pool - still present at 7:05 pm when I left. Also a Common Tern on one of the buoys, my first Rμ**Ϋ Duck of the year, 2 Gadwalls, 3 Pochards and a Kingfisher present. The much smaller number of Mallards there compared to my local lakes was surprising.

Matt

P.S. Talking of Earlswood, a juvenile Arctic Tern remains there for its 7th day! 2 Common Terns were present recently for a couple of days too.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back