• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elmley Nature reserve (1 Viewer)

I realise this question was asked a while ago but if you're still wondering, and if anyone else may be thinking the same, then the answer is YES to both questions.
I was at Elmley yesterday (it's near to me) and it will always reward a visit. I find this is a particularly good time of the year - plenty of raptors (marsh harriers are pretty much guaranteed) as they have to work harder to find food. But it also attracts migrants from across Scandinavia/Siberia.
There's also a beautiful bleakness to the landscape. Don't just follow the trail that leads to the hides - head along the pathway that leads past the old ruined farmhouse (the scrub around which is a great place for reptiles in Spring/Summer) - as if you're heading toward the Sheppey crossing.
Elmley is one of my favourite places.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back