• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Replacing Ocular Lenses (1 Viewer)

Adam C

Latest Lifer: Far Eastern Curlew: 11-2-07
Hi all well after my enitial joy with purchasing some 7x42 trinovids I have noticed some slight fogging on one of the ocular lenses. Cant quite tell if it's fungus on the inside or just slight de-laminating from over cleaning (a few minuscule hairline rub marks to go with it. In the real world i know it isn't enough to make any difference to the view what so ever (you have to angle the light right to see it) but if if it is fungus it may get worse I guess. I strongly feel it's de-laminating from over cleaning though.

Does anyone have any idea if leica can replace ocular lenses in the trinovid line and if so how much? (Lots and lots I am imagining!!)

Not hugely phased by this but I know its there now and if I can fix it I would be keen to know.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Adam~

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back