• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please Identify (1 Viewer)

ChadHahn

I saw this bird in Jesse Owens Park in Tucson and wonder what it is.

I just started getting interested in trying to identify birds. I have a Sibley and find that if you don't really know anything about birds it's hard to look up a bird you see in the wild.

I guess I don't have enough posts to post pictures so I posted some links to the photos of the bird.

1st Bird Picture

2nd Bird Picture

Thanks,

Chad

Brat! ;) You're just getting started and you come across this beauty? I would love to see this bird.

Thanks, I think you are right, it is a Vermilion Flycatcher.

Seeing this bird is what made me want to start bird watching. It was something I hadn't seen before.

Chad

Very nice Vermilion there, Chad. Oh, welcome to the forum. SteveO is correct resize your shots down to at most 800 x 800 and you can upload them.
The Vermilion Flycatcher would be a great bird to get you interested, the male is so colorful and cute. The female is also a very nice looking little bird with her pale reddish wash on her breast.
The bird that got me going was the Elegant Trogon, another of our South Eastern Arizona specialties.

I don't even see a link for posting pictures. Some sites don't allow users to upload photos until they get a certain number of posts. I thought this was one of those sites.

Chad

Chad,
When you start a new thread after the text box there is an area that will allow you to attach files, click on the manage attachments button and follow from there. If you get stuck just let us know and we'll help you through it.
:t:

Oh, I see it now. I was looking for it up near the link icon. I know now for next time.

By the way, the Elegant Trogon is very pretty. I haven't been down to Madera Canyon in years. I should probably go and see what kind of birds I can find.

Chad

Hi Chad,

Welcome to the forum and nice bird you have there. I have yet to see one but I don't really leave PA so...

I'm glad to see that you got your picture posting ordeal fixed but I just wanted to mention something to you. When you make a new thread be sure to put the location of the bird in question in the title. For example: Raptor ID, SE Pennsylvania or something to that nature. It helps us who like to hang out on the forum know what we are about to help out with (like me for instance tend to stay away from threads that are across seas although they could help me learn but I am of no help to those people).

Just thought I'd let you know :t:

Regards,
Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back