• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cliffe, Stodmarsh and Oare (1 Viewer)

jforgham

Birding for fun
Hi All,
Have a whole day to bird north part of Kent on Friday (8th.) Any reports from aforementioned sites? Anything else worth a visit around this area. I have to be in Sidcup by 7.00pm for a RSPB group meeting so have all day to bird. Looking forward to it.
Thanks for any suggestions.
regards,
Jono

I won't go far wrong if you check the sites noted in Robin's response. The long staying Penduline Tit at Stodmarsh (go through the alders along the nature trial to boardwalk where it feeds in an obvious stand of bullrushes) is currently the jewel in North Kent's crown at the moment.

Great links, Many thanks. Shall start at Stodmarsh as it has been many years since I have wandered around there and then see which way the wind blows.
best regards,
Jono

Set off 4.50 and arrived at Stodmarsh for what would have been first light. Thick fog meant a short wander from Grove Ferry. Heard 4+ cetti's, gadwall, lapwing, bullfinch, water rail, reed bunt and saw blackbird, wren and wood pigeon. Off for a breakfast and hope the fog lifts.

Attachments

• Canterbury-20130308-00041.jpg
    Canterbury-20130308-00041.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 107
Heading down from Warrington to Stodmarsh tomorrow for the Penduline Tit, but am wondering if the gap in reports is due to lack of observer coverage or does the bird vanish for days at a time? Any info gratefully received, thanks.

Makes me laugh, I walked in the blistering sun to get a view of a pair of avocet, there are now 1400 there.

Looks like I am going back there soon!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back