• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adobe DNG convertor now for FZ38 (1 Viewer)

davethebird

I wanted to try FZ38 RAW files in my copy of Photoshop Elements but it did not recognise the Panasonic file format. I then looked at the Adobe DNG convertor but the version available between Nov and today had the FZ35 :)eek!:) but not the FZ38.

The version available now on the Adobe site includes the FZ38. :clap:

I have used it to convert RAW files and work on them in Photoshop Elements so I will do a few trials on RAW versus JPEG.

Dave

Are the RAW files different for these two versions of the same camera?

No, the RAW file formats are the same.

The camera adds the camera model name to the EXIF file and Adobe DNG convertor reads this to recognise the file type. As Adobe only included the FZ35 (because that was the model name in the USA) the software did not recognise the FZ38 as having a file type it can convert. The FZ38 was missed as it is the model name in the rest of the world. Just a consequence of using two names for the same model.

It was always possible to change the model name in the EXIF file and then convert the file but that was a step too far for me. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back