• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Urgent help! Car hire Gibraltar (1 Viewer)

LP birder

Hi,

My mate and I are flying to Gibraltar on Friday and have planned a route taking us around Andalucia to visit several areas, including Ronda and eventually over to Donana. However, (very) stupidly we have left booking a hire car to the last minute and have this week been turned down by every place we've tried to book a car (online), because everyone seems to have sold out. Does anyone know of anywhere nearby to Gibraltar that we may still be able to hire a car from for the week? Otherwise, it's beginning to look like we'll have to do all of our birding on Gib! |:(|

Many thanks,
Jamie.

Have you tried using 'Do-you-Spain'? The only other thing I can think of is seeing if you can pick up a car at a train station (Seville or Malaga perhaps). A bus from just over the border will take you to Algeciras from where you can get a bus to Seville where I know they have several car hire companies. I'm sure you can get to Malaga by public transport and trains run from Algeciras towards Ronda,

Panic over! Fortunately, we've finally managed to get hold of a hire car which we're collecting from just the other side of the border (Niza cars).

Many thanks John for your reply and suggestions.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back