• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Review of Meopta B1 MeoStar 8x42 (1 Viewer)

I also think your pictures are catalog-worthy too, as I have said before. I especially liked the textured seaview-blue background in that one, and even the lichen close-up too.

Barry
Especially for you, here is another photo from the same shoot, but this time with the sea being a bit 'lively' in the background!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_3487Red.jpg
    IMG_3487Red.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 168
Barry, the sn of you Meostar has five digits only?

What about the slightly yellow hue users often refer to?

No, my serial number is more accurately, 12xxxx, but I was in a hurry when I looked at the s/n before posting. I just wanted to indicate it was made in 2012.

And I haven't seen any yellow cast at all in mine either. I just bought mine earlier this year, and no doubt it was a left-over new stock from 2012 production. I could care less-it produces a beautiful view in 7x42!

Thank you for the added piccy Lee! That's another great one, I like it a lot too! See, you have that artistic eye that often doesn't come with bino pictures, even in catalogs, let alone forum posts. Just as is your "colourful" description of your surrounds where you are and what you see, that make your reviews great reads. I think Sancho is right-you have a natural history book in you that needs to get out one day!

Thank you for the added piccy Lee! That's another great one, I like it a lot too! See, you have that artistic eye that often doesn't come with bino pictures, even in catalogs, let alone forum posts. Just as is your "colourful" description of your surrounds where you are and what you see, that make your reviews great reads. I think Sancho is right-you have a natural history book in you that needs to get out one day!

You are too kind Barry and really the beautiful Isle of Islay deserves all the credit for being so inspirational.

Lee

Tringa 45, post 19,
Yesterday a test report was posted on the WEB-site of House of Outdoor with regard to wide angle binoculars. Among them the Zeiss 7x45 Nighthunter and the 7x42 Meopta Meostar B1. The transmission spectra we measured for the 7x42 Meopta were fully in line with our visual observations: no yellow cast whatsoever and a very bright image quality.
Gijs van Ginkel

Sorry, Gijs. That was a typo from me. My wife's first Meostar was bought in 2005 - one of the very first, and it had a decidedly yellow cast.

John

I recently purchased a new pair of 10x50s - serial number 17xxxx - at a price that I couldn't resist. Yes, they are large and heavy, but handle really well despite this. Eye relief is fine for spectacle wearers and the focusing is superb - smooth, evenly weighted in both directions and with a very satisfying degree of resistance. I love the view through these bins - they have a wonderful clarity about them and a very immersive quality, but I have to say that they still do have a slight cast - I would concur with Allbinos assessment of it as being slightly yellow-cream in colour. It's not too strong, but it is there. I tested them against several other (cheaper) bins and they exhibited a noticeably "cleaner" image than the Meoptas. Having said that, I have now also ordered a pair of 8x42s. I really like these Meoptas !!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back