• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sealing a cracked bird bath? (1 Viewer)

Abbygirl

Sealing a cracked bird bath?

WE have a cracked bird bath, and we would like to seal it but are not sure how and with what type of sealer, any suggestions? thanks.

Joanne,
Good point! I went and looked at it this morning and its made out of Cement! thanks for pointing that out! Joyce

As it is made of cement, I would suggest repairing it with either a morter made of sand and cement if the crack is more than about about a quarter of an inch or if smaller a rosin based glue, called apoxy in the US I think, would be suitable.

-

Thank you for your reply, actually the crack is about a foot long. and less then a width of the finger. Like about 1/8 and a quarter inch. if that helps any. Would what you suggest still Help? I will suggest to my dad what you have suggested. Thank you for your help. Thanks a bunch.
Joyce

joannechattaway said:
As it is made of cement, I would suggest repairing it with either a morter made of sand and cement if the crack is more than about about a quarter of an inch or if smaller a rosin based glue, called apoxy in the US I think, would be suitable.

-

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back