• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owl Webcams 2010 (1 Viewer)

Brucies are eating some sort of largish ?rodent, to big to swallow whole not sure if that is what was there at 13:00 as well but the owlet has now managed to break into skin and eat it. Like the mouse last night in Cornwall it was pretty stiff looking.

it was maybe the rat that i seen earlier. Or Maybe american mice are bigger?

we.ll make it our secret :-O :-O

Hi Ann, finally remembered to come and get on the new thread! lol
Feeding session on just now, but can't tell what it is yet (shades of Rolf Harris there!), but one of the thugs is ripping shreds off it! I'd keek my breeks if i was locked up with THAT lot!! :-O
Got the sound off, but one of them's giving it laldy, and i KNOW IT'S NOT A LULLABY!!
Sandra, i usually have to mute when i watch the owl's for the dog's sake, she goes ballistic!! lol :-O They should all have ASBO'S, they really are like delinquents! :eek!:

Well the Brucies are still chewing on the 'rat' though not convinced as when they were throwing it about earlier could not see a tail. It certainly is keeping them going.
Meanwhile all peaceful in Cornwall awaiting sunset.

Well the Brucies are still chewing on the 'rat' though not convinced as when they were throwing it about earlier could not see a tail. It certainly is keeping them going.
Meanwhile all peaceful in Cornwall awaiting sunset.

it had a very very long tail this morning Tom. The chicks struggled to pick it up by the body so tried with the tail. Put me right off my all bran i can tell you lol

oh dear. The wallies are up and one is flapping its wings. Its head butted the wall a few times convinced it can get out of the corner. Now another one has started. Oops jumped and flapped into the wall again. Thats why they have flat faces lol. Its nothing to do with listening lol.

uh oh. Fatgirl #1 has blocked the doorway and any food deliveries getting into the box. She.s a right wee bloater and very smart lol

The "Wallies"

Since biggest sister learned to block the doorway, has anyone seen a food drop inside the box? I'm concerned for the smallest. Anyone seen a parent bird throw food in or go in with it? Thank you.

The door blocker gets the first 2-3 deliveries but we saw the others getting some couple nights ago when deliveries were coming in fast. Door blocker comes back in to box allowing parent to throw in food. Trouble is I am usually off to bed as the adults get most active.

Since biggest sister learned to block the doorway, has anyone seen a food drop inside the box? I'm concerned for the smallest. Anyone seen a parent bird throw food in or go in with it? Thank you.

hello and welcome to bird forum. :). The smallest wally is a feisty little thing and won at least two mice last night. The food drops start usually about midnight here depending on the weather. That'll be 2pm your time. Just note down anything you see no matter how trivial. All info greatly recieved lol.

The door blocker gets the first 2-3 deliveries but we saw the others getting some couple nights ago when deliveries were coming in fast. Door blocker comes back in to box allowing parent to throw in food. Trouble is I am usually off to bed as the adults get most active.

lightweight lol

haha there's a delivery!! Door girl got it but the other 2 dragged her in backwards to steal the mouse haha. There is quite a big time difference between the ledge and the box. Which is handY if you see the food drop in the box then you can see it on the ledge. ANOTHER FOOD DROP. on idea which pompom got it lol. Its mental in there!!

23.18 feathers flying and yet another tasty moose. I love owls!! The way they run about screaming their heads off when they hear a parent coming. This is better than the telly.

i need a long stick so as i can poke you from here to waken you when the action starts. Lol. You partaking in a little vino tonight?

here we go. I keep on expecting their heads to spin round like regan in the exorcist. Fatgirl 1 kept that i presume. She.s facing the corner to get a bit of privacy. Haha

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back