• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stout or Winding Cisticola? Yesterday in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (1 Viewer)

jstanleyg

I'm having a little trouble with these cisticolas. By far, the most common one I see here in Addis Ababa is the Winding (Ethiopian), and although I know that streaking on the crown is found in Winding, for some reason I thought the streaking seemed more Stout-like. I also thought I heard a Stout in the area. Unfortunately, these two birds (1-3 is same bird, 4 is most likely another) were quiet the whole time I observed them.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_7000 copy.jpg
    IMG_7000 copy.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7004small.jpg
    IMG_7004small.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6995.jpg
    IMG_6995.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7056.jpg
    IMG_7056.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back