• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

gator land (1 Viewer)

osprey66

hi can any one help,i have been to gatorland but the zip line wasnt up and running on their web site it says its now running has this had an impact on the birds,is it still worth going i will be going to florida about the 15th april for two weeks.
thanks geoff

I'm not sure about the zipline but the birds here are plentiful and varied. Are you going to Gator Land in particular, or are you visiting other places in Florida?

many thanks merry , i will be going to merritt viera honeymoon, fort de soto and gator land if the zip lines not efected it. i believe you can get in early again this season

well we went to gatorland and its deffinatly not as good as it used to be, there was only me the wife and another guy who stopped late saturday . Not as many birds breeding so i think the zip line has deffinatly had a effect on the birds . so i think i will have to try st augustine next time

I just returned from the St. Augustine Alligator Farm and they have also installed a zip line. The good news is the zip line is not very close to the rookery area - it's near the parking lot furthest from the rookery.

In terms of the birds - there are very large numbers of birds and chicks. Timing is running a little earlier than normal due to the warm weather. Present were great egrets, woodstorks, tricolored herons, snowy egrets, cattle egrets, little blue herons, spoonbills, and a few green herons and black crowned night herons. Nests are as close as 3-4 feet from the boardwalk.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back