• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New York Birding (1 Viewer)

Hi Mabel do a search and you should find stuff (I assume you mean NY City). Either by luck or judgement you have picked the perfect time of year to visit as landbird migration will be in full swing and as long as it's not too late in september some good shorebirds could well be around. Your basic best bet is to head to Central Park. Specifically the Ramble area. Anything around 100 species are possible in a day - including 20-25 Warbler species - just start talking to the many birders there they tend to be extremely friendly. Jamaica Bay is also a good idea to hit for US shorebirds (waders) and is accessible by public transport (subway and a bit of a walk or by bus). www.nycbirdreport.com will keep you up to date as to what is being seen on specific days. If you have a car I could suggest other possibilities (pm me) but if you are just doing the city those two spots will cover pretty much all bases birdwise.

Luke

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back