• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Howdy from Ohio (1 Viewer)

BT3

See more birds, have more fun!
Hi All:
Greetings from Whipple, Ohio.
I'm a new BF user
Fall migration is in full swing here, lots of warblers today.
Happy birding!
Bill T.

Hi Bill,
I'm sure you'll find BF friendly and useful. Come and join us one evening for a drink or two in the Drunkan Bustard! Welcome aboard.

Hi Bill, Welcome to BF!
You'll find this site very addictive, lots of great info and gallery pics from very talented photographers.
Good luck with your fall id'ing warblers. bob

Thanks for the friendly welcomes!
Among the warblers I saw today were chestnut-sided, Blackburnian, bay-breasted, blackpoll, common yellowthroat, black-throated green, and Tennesee. Also quite a few scarlet tanagers.

Bob: I can see that this site will be addictive!
Kiki: Where is the Drunkan Bastard? I could use a nice beer!

Welcome, BT3, from the Admin and Moderators of Birdforum!

You will not remember this, I know, but you and I met very briefly at Lakeside in '99, and I still have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at the program you and your family did in the auditorium on Friday (?) night. That entire experience -- even tho bird numbers were a bit low, the spectacular weather made up for it! -- was about the most enjoyable birding experience of my life!

The knowledge you will bring to this forum will be a tremendous asset, and I hope you have as much fun on here as the rest of us do!

And if you can spare a couple hours away in two weeks, please think about joining us on the GGBC 2 (full details in the Member's Notice Board) on the second weekend in October -- SE Ohio isn't represented!

A warm welcome to you Bill. You are right, this sight is extremely addictive. Take your time though. There is so much information here at your fingertips.

Saw my first American Redstart of the season today and me, with 3 full days off. Should be a fun weekend birdwise.

Will do, Beverly.

Great morning of birding here despite the rain. Lots of Blackburnian warblers, plus palm, Tennessee, hooded, magnolia, bay-breasted, blackpoll, and yellowthroat.

Hi Whipple

BT3 said:
Hi All:
Greetings from Whipple, Ohio.
I'm a new BF user
Fall migration is in full swing here, lots of warblers today.
Happy birding!
Bill T.
Hi BT3: I just joined BF last week. I'm in Cleveland and don't know where Whipple is. Migration here is winding down on the Polar birds ie Bufflehead,swans and mergansers.on Lake Erie. Give me a shout at least to educate me on Ohio geography as to the position of Whipple. I'll clip on one of our polar visitors for you.
Good sightings
Sam Walker

Attachments

• Trumpeter Swan 012.jpg
    Trumpeter Swan 012.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 169
Beverlybaynes said:
Sam, since Bill hasn't posted in a while, I'll take a stab at the answer. Whipple is somewhere down around Marietta, or is it New Palestine?

Thanks for posting on my behalf Beverly. Yep, Whipple is in SE Ohio, NE of Marietta but in the same county (Washington). I drive into Marietta most days to work at BWD but this winter and spring am spending lots of time at home on the farm working on a couple of books.

Still have a few bald eagles around and the spring ducks are starting to come through. Woodcock started displaying in our meadow on Monday night this week (Feb 23). Usual start date is Feb 19 or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back