• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hmmm (1 Viewer)

Laggard

For such a good birding state, there is not much of an online birding community.

I post on a email list serve but they limit your posts to one a day.

I would love to see an active forum somewhere dedicated to birding in MN.

The same is true for much of the US. Some of the e-mail lists go way back, and due to their legacy and established membership they will probably continue to dominate for a while unless someone from those lists takes the initiative to move the whole list to a forum site. There would be some friction since many people don't want to discuss their areas in the more publicly visible forum format.

I'll have an eye on mnbird the next few weeks, looking forward to another autumn visit to MN, WI and NE soon. Can't wait to visit exotic things like crows, sparrows, finches and woodpeckers again. Oooh, and squirrels. Been a long time since I saw a squirrel. :D

Last edited:
There is not a lot to see in the fall. It is more in the winter in the Bog when there might be things out of the ordinary. But coming from Hawaii, the -20F might be a bit of a shock :)

I am in SD today and got a Harris Sparrow and Red Shafted Flicker by Sioux Falls during my lunch break. I was happy with that for a half hour milling around.

Ahhh. You were here during our first snow storm of the year. It kicked off a long and difficult winter for us :( I was in SD and saw lots of sparrows this week. Harris was my favorite of the trip. Lots of ducks (redheads and ring necks) to see. That is a time of year that I don't bird much. I am planning on testing my new digiscoping system out around that time.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back