• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

France/Spain trip Jul/Aug - Lot 2 (1 Viewer)

MTem

See lot 1 thread for intro!

Around Collioure - France/Spain med border area

1. Clearly a Sylvia, but which one? Female, or perhaps given the clean plumage, a Juv. Sandinian? Looks a bit grey on the back for a Whitethroat, and the legs are too light for a Lesser W even it was a migrating bird. Agree?

2 & 3 Sheer indulgence these I confess, but they were very obliging in the early morning light. Woodchat shrike adult (I'm thinking male, but these are not familiar birds for me so happy to be corrected as there is quite a bit of white on forehead/lores) and juv.

4. Immature gull - not my strong suite, but I'm guessing (yes I am!) a juv. Med gull. Legs looked dark when it eventually stood and took off. Didn't get a clear view of under-wing. Alone in salt-pan with lots of b-h gulls.

Lot 3 on its way

Mick

Attachments

• IMG_1280-1.JPG
    IMG_1280-1.JPG
    460.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    576.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back