• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Styrka Binoculars (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
Its been a while since I have made a binocular purchase so after viewing Styrka's web site I decided to Chat with a sales rep at Opticsplanet. They were willing to dropped their web price of $349. to $294. for the Styrka S5 8x32 series binocular. At that price I ordered one , will have it in 5 -10 days. Per their spec's of 394 FOV with eye relief of 19.4 is the main reason I wanted to get these in hand. Now that Opticsplanet offers to pay return shipping cost for returns all I have to loose is $294. tied up on my credit card for a few weeks. I have had quite a few 8x32's these past 5 years so I will compare them to all those I still remember & the Cherry 8x32 Gold ring HD I still have. Long eye relief, large FOV, some form of high end glass & possibly Japan sourced ... I could not resist & with a price under $300. Will see ???? .... gwen

Last edited:
The S7 8x30 ED is quite intersting, which having so many similarities with Monarch & Kite Lynx 830.
But, at $499 is not cheap.

Over here in the states these(S7 8x30) can be had a little cheaper. If I like the 8x32 series , I might order the S7 8x30's .... gwen

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back