• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds from Costa Rica, volcano region 3 (1 Viewer)

cheerful

Taken in March. Thanks

Attachments

• 2015C2_River_011.jpg
    2015C2_River_011.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 2015C2_River_012.jpg
    2015C2_River_012.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 35
  • 2015C2_River_013.jpg
    2015C2_River_013.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 2015C2_River_015.jpg
    2015C2_River_015.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 30
  • 2015C2_River_017.jpg
    2015C2_River_017.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 33
Taken in March. Thanks

Like I said before, I don't mind having a lot of pics to identify _but_ please review the ones which have already been id'd and check against the new ones you're posting. We've seen the tanager and some others before... [edit]: And you might divide the pics into groups which look the same or similar so people can identify a species once not many different times

Last edited:
No, I'm not a birder. I don't have confidence in my guess (I would not even call it ID)

2.3 Greater Kiskadee
4. Grey-necked wood rail (from other thread with a photo at night)
5. Cherrie's tanager (from other thread which has both male and female)

Agree on the Kingfisher as well as your 4-5.
I see 3 as a social fly (small bill) but unsure of 2

Niels

I think 2 might be a kingbird. I agree with Niels on Social Fly for 3.

My first thought was kingbird for 2. Assuming this is nesting material I think that makes it tropical kingbird since the other candidates are non-breeding migrants

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back