• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Plover Species, Phu Quoc, Vietnam (1 Viewer)

dippers

Can any experts here help me pin down this plover please, taken on 8th Jan on the beach at Phu Quoc island, South Vietnam. Not brilliant shots I know, but I'm thinking possibly Long Billed? It was alone and didn't stay for better shots sadly! Thanks in advance for any help that people can give!

Kind regards, Martin

Attachments

• 200108 Plover2 crop 5883.jpg
    200108 Plover2 crop 5883.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 200108 Plover crop 5879.jpg
    200108 Plover crop 5879.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 20
Ah, many thanks Andrew, I did wonder about the eye ring, but thought the head shape and long legs looked odd for A LRP, just being hopeful I guess! Thank you for your help!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back