• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finch call, Lancashire UK (1 Viewer)

Bowlander

Heard the attached song in a friends garden today. Its the 3 note call at 4 seconds. It kept repeating the call at 5 second intervals from a washing line initially and then flew into a bush.

I initially thought the bird was a female chaffinch, as it was the same colour and had a similar beak from the front, then a female chaffinch landed next to it and was a bit bigger. The bird had no wingbars or any other distinguishing feature.

I'm struggling to think what it is! Any help much appreciated!!

Attachments

• UK bird song.mp3
    121.3 KB · Views: 256
It's the song, supposed to sound like "pleased to meet you", and one I've been hoping to hear "on patch" recently (annual-ish on Portland, so surely one could make it my way?). I'd say more likely to be wild. I've heard a few overseas, although not for a couple of years, but it instantly recalled what I thought they sang like.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back