• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wild birds unlimited no melt dough (1 Viewer)

Limeybirder said:
are any other forum users using this brand. I have recently bought some and today a White-breasted Nuthatch was chowing down on it.

I use it during our hot summer months down here. The woodpeckers love it immensely. Unfortunately so do the squirrels.

Since my original post my Carolina Wrens have developed a taste for it as well as Orange-crowned and Yellow-throated Warbler. No woodpecker as yet but they haven't been visiting the yard much lately which is normal for this time of year.

I use it all year long as well. My birds love it with the peanut butter and jelly, insects and just nuts. They are spoiled, they don't like just plain white suet.

Hmm just a sugestion here so yeah anyway I used to work at WBU and tried quiete a few diferent suets but I would have to say that the best one(both in my backyard and customer's ) was the Almond Munch.Okay dont get the dough one unless its too hot for the suet version.Like at this time of year if you live in a cold or even only a slightly hot area still use the suet and not the dough.Use the dough only when temperatures are in the upper 70's and 80's.Also if you have squirell problems you might want to try Bird Bug Bites suet.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back