• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for birds in Italy (1 Viewer)

AernoutMJC

Hello there,
I'm new here and the reason I joined is that we hope to get the most out of our holiday in Italy this summer and are looking for tips.
First of all, being employed in education, summer is the season it'll have to be.
The areas we will be visiting are the Dolomites (Campodenno)
Tuscany (Brandeglio)
Marche/Umbria (close to Parco del Monte Cucco)
The species we are dreaming of most are hazel grouse, capercaillie, boreal/tengmalm's owl, pygmy owl and of course wall creeper.
All help much appreciated.
Thanks.

Hello AernoutMJC, and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I'm moving your thread to the forum on Italy, hopefully someone will see it there and respond. I've also subscribed you to the thread so you will get an email on any responses.

Hi Aernout and a warm welcome from me too.

While waiting for some responses from our members, you might like to have a look through some of the Opus articles.

The ones for Italy an be found HERE, there should be some locations in the areas you are going to.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Hi. we are very far from the areas you mention so we don't have any first-hand advice. The group mentioned above seems to be of bird breeders rather than birdwatchers, so I wouldn't trust them that much. In the Dolomites area there is a very active group, Dolomiti Birdwatching, but they don't have a website. We do know many of them personally, so if you send me your email by PM I can circulate your request to the EBN Italy mailing list, of which they are members too. This would also help with the other areas you are interested in.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back