• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon waterproof ATB 8x42? (1 Viewer)

baxter wolfe said:
Camera Box replied to my email saying "we know they're the same but it doesn't say ATB on them." Surely it has to say ATB somewhere - at least on the box.

They didn't answer my questions about being new or about the guarantee.

I don't need them until July so I might wait for the discounts or even opt for a new 8.5x56 Monarch.

The top of the box reads
Monarch ATB Binoculars, as does all 4 sides of the box. I am looking at the box as I type

According to our information from Nikon we can expect delivery starting in May. We placed our orders with Nikon in February and will be in the first wave of deliveries. I expect, due to high demand, these binoculars will be on allocation and a huge backorder problem.
When we do get our deliver we will do a post about it arriving. We will fill all pre-orders first, of course.

Doug,

Thanks for the info...much appreciated. However, I am a bit shocked. The three online sites that currently have them advertised all responded that they were set to be released in mid-March which, ofcourse, has come and gone so I am more inclined to believe it will be later in the year. I guess that gives me more time to save. ;)

Thanks.

FrankD said:
Doug,

Thanks for the info...much appreciated. However, I am a bit shocked. The three online sites that currently have them advertised all responded that they were set to be released in mid-March which, ofcourse, has come and gone so I am more inclined to believe it will be later in the year. I guess that gives me more time to save. ;)

Thanks.
Frank,
In this industry the companies try to get your juice flowing by announcing new product in ads and whatnot anywhere from 3-5 months before the item is available.
My experiance tells me that these will not be seen before the end of April, however, I could be wrong. I was wrong once before. I call that error my ex-wife :flyaway:
As soon as we get a shipment in route confirmation on the new Nikon Monarch Series I will put up a post so you know it is available.

In Australia, they're marketed as the Nikon Monarch 8x42 DCF. I'm thinking about getting a pair of these as my mainstay binoculars, (as an upgrade from my Sprint IV). The cheapest price I could find so far was AU$599, but I've noticed it's a lot cheaper overseas in the US. In particular, I'm looking at buying them from www.binoculars.com for US$290, which is still much cheaper than AU, plus there's free postage.
Looking for comments about this site in its international sales/service.

I cannot speak for their overseas service but I have heard very positive things about them within the states. Several friends have purchased their bins through them.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back