• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Patch List for 2007 (1 Viewer)

Black Wheatear

Bowed but not broken, yet!
Thought it would be interesting to do an annual list for my patch 2007. Serrania de Ronda and Sierra de Grazalema. Hope it might also interest others.

Peter
www.spanishbirds.com

Listings here are up to and including 7th February 2007.

Little Grebe (1), Great Crested Grebe(2), Cormorant (3), Night Heron (4), Cattle Egret (5), Little Egret (6), Grey Heron (7), White Stork (8), Greater Flamingo (9), Crane (10), Teal (11), Mallard (12), Pintail (13), Shoveler (14), Ruppell’s Vulture (15), Griffon Vulture (16), Black Vulture (17), Marsh Harrier (18), Hen Harrier (19), Goshawk (20), Sparrowhawk (21), Buzzard (22), Long-legged Buzzard (23), Golden Eagle (24), Booted Eagle (25), Bonelli’s Eagle (26), Lesser Kestrel (27), Kestrel (28), Peregrine (29), Red-legged Partridge (30), Moorhen (31), Coot (32), Avocet (33), Stone Curlew (34), Lapwing (35), Snipe (36), Green Sandpiper (37), Common Sandpiper (38), Black-headed Gull (39), Lesser Black-backed Gull (40), Yellow legged Gull (41), Rock Dove (42), Woodpigeon (43), Collared Dove (44), Eagle Owl (45), Little Owl (46), Kingfisher (47), Hoopoe (48), Wryneck (49), Green Woodpecker (50), Great Spotted Woodpecker (51), Crested Lark (52), Thekla Lark (53), Woodlark (54), Skylark (55), Crag Martin (56), Swallow (57), House Martin (58), Meadow Pipit (59), Water Pipit (60), Grey Wagtail (61), White Wagtail (62), Wren (63), Dunnock (64), Alpine Accentor (65), Robin (66), Black Redstart (67), Stonechat (68), Black Wheatear (69), Blue Rock Thrush (70), Ring Ouzel (71), Blackbird (72), Fieldfare (73), Song Thrush (74), Mistle Thrush (75), Cetti’s Warbler (76), Fan-tailed Warbler (77), Dartford Warbler (78), Spectacled Warbler (79), Sardinian Warbler (80), Blackcap (81), Chiffchaff (82), Firecrest (83), Crested Tit (84), Coal Tit (85), Blue Tit (86), Great Tit (87), Nuthatch (88), Short-toed Treecreeper (89), Southern Grey Shrike (90), Great Grey Shrike (91), Jay (92), Chough (93), Jackdaw (94), Raven (95), Starling (96), Spotless Starling (97), House Sparrow (98), Rock Sparrow (99), Chaffinch (100), Brambling (101), Serin (102), Greenfinch (103), Goldfinch (104), Linnet (105), Crossbill (106), Cirl Bunting (107), Rock Bunting (108), Corn Bunting (109).

I think I might struggle now for additional species until spring migration get into full swing and summer residents start to arrive! Can you post photos here as added interest i.e. Bird of the Month? New here and still finding my way.

Hopefully to be added to as the year progresses!!! :hi:

Managed a few new annaul ticks today. Weather superb, clear blue skies and temperature tipping 68 degrees, wonderful! Set-off initially to look at a local vulture feeding station, and saw a couple of Griffons with wing tags (photos on my thread -patch report). Saw 2 prs of Raven giving great arial displays until a passing Bonelli's Eagle decided to join-in. Several flocks of Chough around all about the 50+ mark. Then headed to Cartikima way and had superb immature Golden Eagle and later a good show from a male Hen Harrier. Decended into the Guadiaro valley and straight away had Hawfinch (110) and then followed the valley north. Stopped at Cueuvo de Gato and had a Sand Martin (111) drinking from the lagoon along with several Crag Martin, the cave produce Feral Pigeon (112) among some real Rock Doves. The day gave me 58 species and some excellent sightings. Fuller report on my thread - patch report

Last edited:
Very good day today (see local patch report). New patch tick for the year Black Kite (114) so keeping my fingers crossed migration may be starting!

Great dayheaded to Cortes and managed great views of juvenile Imperial Eagle (115) and both Common Swift (116) and Pallid Swift (117)

Days report on local patch posting later.

Good day and suspect/hope migration has just begun! Several Common, Pallid Swift with good numbers of Barn Swallow. At Libar we had 8 Short-toed Eagle (118) and over 50 Black Kite.

Several new year ticks today! Visited the Montejaque area and first appearance for the year was Alpine Swift (120) (2) with Pallid and Common Swift. Lesser Kestrels were hawking insects together with several Crag Martins. Not sure who was playing with whom, but over 20 Choughs seemed to have fun with a Peregrine! For over 4 hours there was a steady fly-by of Short-toed Eagle (70+), Black Kite (120+) and the odd Booted Eagle (11). Had some terrific views of Hawfinch as 4 individuals parked on Broom bushes just a few yards from where I had set myself up! Watching a small flock of Swallow and House Martin I had the bonus of seeing a Merlin (121) make an abortive attempt at snatching a Swallow! Wandering down below the Dam area I had 5 Short-toed Lark (122), a first for me in this area (Alan, they appeared very white breasted and sleek from a distance?). On the gorse in the valley I had my first Woodchat Shrike (123) for the year and also I heard Nightingale (124). In between times, I was kept amused by the rivalry between several territorial Blue Rock Thrushes and Black Wheatears. Also had good numbers of Blackcap and Song Thrush. A good day at the office!

Black Wheatear said:
Several new year ticks today! Visited the Montejaque area and first appearance for the year was Alpine Swift (120) (2) with Pallid and Common Swift. Lesser Kestrels were hawking insects together with several Crag Martins. Not sure who was playing with whom, but over 20 Choughs seemed to have fun with a Peregrine! For over 4 hours there was a steady fly-by of Short-toed Eagle (70+), Black Kite (120+) and the odd Booted Eagle (11). Had some terrific views of Hawfinch as 4 individuals parked on Broom bushes just a few yards from where I had set myself up! Watching a small flock of Swallow and House Martin I had the bonus of seeing a Merlin (121) make an abortive attempt at snatching a Swallow! Wandering down below the Dam area I had 5 Short-toed Lark (122), a first for me in this area (Alan, they appeared very white breasted and sleek from a distance?). On the gorse in the valley I had my first Woodchat Shrike (123) for the year and also I heard Nightingale (124). In between times, I was kept amused by the rivalry between several territorial Blue Rock Thrushes and Black Wheatears. Also had good numbers of Blackcap and Song Thrush. A good day at the office!

Possibly for the birds I saw there Peter. I just had flight views from below. The bird a couple of days later at El Torcal whould not have been one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back