• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does it stream well using .5meg broadband? (1 Viewer)

ed78user

Hello.

I am living 'in the sticks' as it were. My 1 Meg' AOL broadband connection actually only runs at 0.5 Meg' so I am concerned about subscribing to a possible '24 hour jerkython' service.

Would be nice to know if anyone is using this tv channel at this speed?

Best wishes and Regards

Last edited:
THERE ARE THREE NUMBERS IN THE MENU BOTTOM LEFT

These three numbers are representative of the three different video qualities that are available. When a user first accesses the channel they will be presented with the lowest video quality video stream by default (also accessed by clicking the ‘250’ link) which all users with broadband should be able to view, providing their broadband connection is performing correctly.

When the user selects a video clip to play, they can change the quality of video playback by clicking on any of the video quality links (i.e. the 250, 500 or 1000). The user will then see the same clip playing, but at the quality they have just selected.

The next highest quality is accessed by clicking on the ‘500’ link, which all users with a 512kbps (also known as ‘half meg’) broadband connection or higher should be able to view without a problem, again providing their broadband connection is performing well.

The highest quality video stream is accessed via the ‘1000’ link – this video stream is aimed at users with a 1Mbps (‘1 meg’) or faster broadband connection.

If a user is experiencing stuttering or juddery playback, they should try a lower video quality. Users may experience this if there is network or internet congestion, or if they are trying to play a video quality that is higher than their internet connection can deliver. An example of this is where a user with a 512kbps (‘half meg’) broadband connection is trying to play the highest (1000) video quality, which as previously stated is intended for users with broadband connections of 1Mbps or higher.

So Everyone should be able to stream without a problem!!

Happy viewing!

As a dial-up user i have found it unusable as it just takes too long to download anything.

I have also found BF very slow to load some days since Wild tv was introduced, could this be a coincidence or are other factors at work?.

Regards brianr.

cuddy said:
As a dial-up user i have found it unusable as it just takes too long to download anything.

I have also found BF very slow to load some days since Wild tv was introduced, could this be a coincidence or are other factors at work?.

Regards brianr.
Nope, just coincidence, the tv isn't running on BF at all.
Dial-up isn't always much fun on BF when the site is very busy and so full of content.

cheers,
Andy

Cheers Andy, it was the speed at which stuff loads on World Photography forum that got me thinking not a puter freak guess if i want to enjoy Wild TV i will just have to join the Darkside (broadband) :)

brianr

ed78user said:
Hello.

I am living 'in the sticks' as it were. My 1 Meg' AOL broadband connection actually only runs at 0.5 Meg' so I am concerned about subscribing to a possible '24 hour jerkython' service.

Would be nice to know if anyone is using this tv channel at this speed?

Best wishes and Regards

It streams extremely well - I'm not even sure what my broadband is! but it works well (prob 0.5 meg)

Just need some more UK content as all that overseas stuff doesn't interest me believe it or not.

I am a dial -up user will there bea problem in the pic.quality in this part of the world.Or are there any dail up users who have watched the wilflife TV -could you'll please give some feed back.Thanks. B :)

It really is good value, it's very fast and there's some really interesting videos.

I know it's early days but it could do with a rewind (especially) and a fast forward button. Also perhaps an option to view in different sizes - the current window is ok but a bit small while full screen is a bit pixelated.

Overall a good start and I look forward to future videos - especially of rarities in the UK and Ireland.

Tom Shevlin

I installed Firefox and right enough there is now a Rewind a FF button available :t: I urge everyone using this to do the same.

Thanks for the "Inspiring" tip !

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back