• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HDF 20-60 ZOOM with hair in it! (1 Viewer)

Lewis 1980

Well im having a pants time now...

My first scope (bought today) and I have discovered a small 2-3mm hair on the inside of my £170 HDF 20-60 zoom eyepiece.

Do I take it back to in-focus (and pay the £8 to get in to slimbridge again, or post it to Opticron at exorbitant (sp) Royal mail costs...

Gutted...

P.S. the hair looks like a small black eyebrow about 2/3 of the way out on the radius and is most apparent at min zoom...

:C

Well im having a pants time now...

My first scope (bought today) and I have discovered a small 2-3mm hair on the inside of my £170 HDF 20-60 zoom eyepiece.

Do I take it back to in-focus (and pay the £8 to get in to slimbridge again, or post it to Opticron at exorbitant (sp) Royal mail costs...

Gutted...

P.S. the hair looks like a small black eyebrow about 2/3 of the way out on the radius and is most apparent at min zoom...

:C
Annoying, but surely In-focus would simply replace it for you if you phone them and post it back? I´ve found their service brilliant. Could you get the gate at Slimbridge to forego the entry fee if you explain you´re just returning an item? If you need to use it, Opticron´s customer service is also brilliant (IMHO). Hope you get it sorted soon.

take it back.

if you explain the sitch to WWF staff I'm sure they'll be reasonable or phone in-focus.

anyway surely a direct replacement if bought new yesterday!!

Under consumer protection law they must replace it - not fit for purpose. I doubt they would have any hesitation in replacing it though. If you have a problem quick call to Citizens Advice will give you the legislation details. Would have thought that if they will not let you in at Slimbridge to get a replacement an Infocus staff member could meet you at the entrance.

I really can't imagine you'll need to invoke any legislation to get help from In Focus. Ring them and explain the problem and they'll surely find a way to help you without having to pay to get in. They're a very good company I've always had superb customer service from, (even when I trod mud all over the freshly-cleaned carpet yesterday!)

BTW, guaranteed next day delivery, recorded, signed for and insured up to £500, is £5.05.

Graham

Thanks all... just a bit knee jerk from me. I am so used to crap customer service.
Phoned InFocus this morning and I'll do a swap later today.

Again quality of service from them is excellent.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back