• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Now Showing - Sociable Plover and Waxwings in Stockport (1 Viewer)

Paul Hackett

The Sociable Plover and Waxwings in Stockport are now loaded up on the Wildissuestv schedule and now showing to subscribers.

1w Sociable Plover, Rainham Marshes RSPB, Essex, UK, a freezing windy day but good footage of the bird and the twitchers!

Waxwings Woodley Precinct Stockport Cheshire UK, a couple of visits to a flock i found previously in Stockport on Christmas Day whilst coming out of the Pub with my Dad and my brothers, there is 1 bird in this flock with coloured rings which we are still trying to identify, plus the general public asking what are you looking at? and the two young lads who decided to throw their football into the tree to disturb the waxwings and wind me up! That bit and the language that followed has been edited, so people of a nervous disposition will not be alarmed!

Rgds

Paul

Paul Hackett said:
the two young lads who decided to throw their football into the tree to disturb the waxwings and wind me up! That bit and the language that followed has been edited, so people of a nervous disposition will not be alarmed!

Given that the windfarm/cats/hunting threads seem to get the biggest audiences here on the forum, and are full of 'colourful' exchanges and all winding all up, surely you should have left those bits in. Would have doubled the number of subscribers overnight :king: ...specially if we got to see how Paul found a way to wrap Manfrotto legs round some yob's neck. :'D :'D :'D

Paul,

Do you think that they are the same flock as the Hillgate/Henry Street flock.

I've checked all my photos of them and non are colour ringed, that, and the fact that the Sheffield flock diminished at the same time had me thinking that the Woodley flock was from over t'Pennines?!

Rob Smallwood said:
Paul,

Do you think that they are the same flock as the Hillgate/Henry Street flock.

I've checked all my photos of them and non are colour ringed, that, and the fact that the Sheffield flock diminished at the same time had me thinking that the Woodley flock was from over t'Pennines?!

Hi Rob

i didnt scrutinise the flock at Hillgate and i should have done really, honest answer.... Dont know, but this confirmed movement bewteeen Woodley and Sheffield makes you wonder....

7 birds reported in Woodley today, and 11 in Sheffield,

ATB

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back