• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ambulance bird - NY (1 Viewer)

Fraulein ash

Woodpecker stalker
I took this recording of a bird I couldn't identify because he was across the street in the trees and I couldn't see him. In this recording you will probably hear some other birds because the birds in my yard didn't know they needed to be quiet for me to record their cousin across the street, so I'm not talking about the sparrows or the tit mouse or the nut hatch... I'm talking about the ambulance sounding bird! What is this??

Attachments

• 20180721_072339.mp3
    512 KB · Views: 22
Not sure what you mean by ambulance bird, but a Carolina Wren is singing loudly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean by ambulance bird, but a Carolina Wren is singing loudly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I mean by ambulance bird is a bird that sounds like an ambulance.
I thought it would be easier to pick the sound I was referring to, since there were a few birds singing when I was recording.

I just noticed a Carolina wren in the area this past week and took a different sound clip of him singing the other day... not only is this not the same sound but I listened to ALL the sound clips from the Carolina wren this morning on the Cornell Lab website and did not hear this particular sound in their database. I didn't want to make a thread about it if I could figure it out on my own.

GRRRRR.... Apparently when I tried to upload the new file, I uploaded the one I made earlier this week of the Carolina wren. Now I can't find the new one and the bird is gone. Boo!!

Yep, it's Mr. Carolina Wren again. They have many different songs and I'm sure Cornell's All About Birds wouldn't have them all. We even had one who sang a House Wren song. xeno-canto.org is a good place to find more audio recordings: https://www.xeno-canto.org/species/Thryothorus-ludovicianus
One bird that can be confused with a Carolina Wren is the Northern Cardinal. Their songs are also very variable, but their tone is different.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back