• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Altering a photo (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
First time I've tried anything like this.

The original photo (taken using sport mode) has come out too blue or similar I believe. Tried messing around with some of the functions in Photoscape (not sure if I can remember what now).

Has it worked do you reckon? Cheers.

Attachments

• 100_4578-crop.JPG
    100_4578-crop.JPG
    444.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_4578-crop2.JPG
    100_4578-crop2.JPG
    848 KB · Views: 141
First time I've tried anything like this.

The original photo (taken using sport mode) has come out too blue or similar I believe. Tried messing around with some of the functions in Photoscape (not sure if I can remember what now).

Has it worked do you reckon? Cheers.

Looks more natural then the initial version. However, without knowing the light conditions hard to tell if this is the way it was or just looks better.

What you want to check -and likely somehow managed to do- is known as White Balance. In easy terms, this setting should make white look white no mattr what color cast the light illuminating the scene. E.g. in warm evening light white will have a yellowish/reddish cast. For some shots that's desirable as it sets the mood for the scene, but by correcting the WB this cast can be removed and the whole image will look more like a normal daylight shoot (if there is sucha thing as normal daylight.

I've found most of my pics look more natural after decreasing the blue, particularly those taken in poor light. I don't know if there is a setting on the camera that can easily counter this. I have to admit I keep white balance on auto as I don't have a full enough grasp of when it should be changed and whether it's easy enough to get by without it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back