• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Divers in Angelsey ? (1 Viewer)

Morph

1st Class Dipper
I'm planing a trip to Angelsey next weekend and wondered if anyone out there had some good tips on the best spots to see divers, I have only been to Angelsey once and am not very good on place names so directions would be of great help. Many thanks

Try stopping off at Llanfairfechan just before you get to Anglesey, you can seawatch from the carpark with the bonus of a cafe. On Anglesey itself for sea watching try Point Lynas which is on the North East of the island or nearby Bull Bay.

Thanks to you all for the tips. The the Harbour/inland sea has the most recommendations just one more question, where is the best vantage point and how would I get to it.
I will stop off at Llanfairfechan on the way and will try Point Lynas (is that the caravan park ?) as will be staying near Bull Bay

If you're visiting Llanfairfechan try to get there an hour or two before the tide comes in, there's not much point in going when the tides out as all you will see is sand!
There is a caravan site near Point Lynas but for sea watching you need to follow the track to the lighthouse, you can only take the car part way along the track then walk the rest of the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back