• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eos utility (1 Viewer)

Mahsleb

Hi, I recently bought a used 1DsmarkII but didn't get an installation disk with it, I've got Eos Utility installed as I also have a 7D,
but I can't get it to auto download images from the 1DsII to the computer and have to use a card reader

Canon directed me to Robert Scott Publishing who supply all Eos manuals and disks but the 1DsII installation disk is no longer available

Anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thanks for any help,

Tony

Last edited:
Thought it should just see it as an additional drive, have you tried getting your computer to search for new hardware? (some devices need to be plugged in before you start the computer up otherwise they don't find them for some strange reason)

More efficient with a card reader anyway and saves battery life too so not all bad news

Last edited:
Thought it should just see it as an additional drive, have you tried getting your computer to search for new hardware? (some devices need to be plugged in before you start the computer up otherwise they don't find them for some strange reason)

More efficient with a card reader anyway and saves battery life too so not all bad news

Thanks for the reply, my computer recognizes the 1DsII and gives me options for downloading including Eos Utility,
but when I open Utility the option to download images is greyed out
Card reader is actually quicker but I have to create and organise folders and I prefer to use the Utility for this

cheers

Have a feeling Canon don't offer software for your camera on anything newer than a Vista OS.

If you have Vista or XP think you need EOS version 2.5 or 2.7 otherwise might have to look for another organiser

Are you using a USB cable? This might be the issue as the 1Ds mkII will only shoot tethered with a FireWire so might well need the same for downloading.

Thanks for the reply, my computer recognizes the 1DsII and gives me options for downloading including Eos Utility,
but when I open Utility the option to download images is greyed out
Card reader is actually quicker but I have to create and organise folders and I prefer to use the Utility for this

cheers

Surely Tony you could just import the DCIM folder from my pictures into the EOS utility to organise them.

Are you using a USB cable? This might be the issue as the 1Ds mkII will only shoot tethered with a FireWire so might well need the same for downloading.

Thanks PC, I don't have a Firewire lead so can't try that but I think it should work with a USB, this is my fourth Eos Digital camera and all the others worked fine
I might see if I can get hold of a lead to try the Firewire connection

Surely Tony you could just import the DCIM folder from my pictures into the EOS utility to organise them.

Hi Robert, I don't know how I can do that, if I open Eos Utility I just get this screen, there doesn't seem to be any way to open files
If I plug the 7D in all three greyed out options are available and a simple click on the top one downloads all images into a newly created folders named with the date of shooting

thank you both for your help, much appreciated :t:

Attachments

• Eos Utility.JPG
    Eos Utility.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 68
Tony,

Just a thought, if you still have your 7D could you not insert the CF card from your 1Ds into the 7D to upload?

Mike

Thanks Mike, though not the ideal solution that would probably work and I'll try it later
I guess the only real answer is to try and buy or borrow an original installation disk

Cheers Tony

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back